Avtivation Help for norton.com/setup
Norton antivirus is used for securing data and devices such as computers, laptops, and mobile phones. It is highly suggested to have an updated antivirus to keep the system safe from threats. Norton offers complete protection and safeguards against viruses and other threats. Since it also offers web protection, it is ideal for those who work extensively on the internet. Norton antivirus can be obtained from norton.com/setup.
How to Uninstall Norton Setup
While this process is purely optional, it is necessary to get a clean Norton setup install.
- Press the Start button present in the lower left edge of the screen.
- From the menu, select Control Panel.
- Now, as per the operating system that you are using, take the steps mentioned below:
- Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 – Click on Programs & Features.
- Windows Vista users need to click on uninstall a program.
- Windows XP users need to click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Now, the list of all the programs that are currently installed in the device will open.
- Select the Norton program.
- Click on either uninstall or remove.
- Now, select the Norton complete uninstall option.
- In the subscription waiting period warning screen that will crop up, press the Next button.
- When prompted, select the Restart Now option.
- The Norton program shall not get completely removed until the device gets rebooted.
How to download Norton Setup?
Downloading Norton setup file is extremely easy. Here are the few steps you need to follow:
- Firstly, you need to sign in to your Norton account.
- Go to www.norton.com/setup and click on Sign In.
- Type the email Id and password that is associated with the Norton account.
- Press the Sign In button.
- Now, go to the Products section after signing in.
- Select the product you wish to download.
- If you want to retrieve the product key, select the Click to view option.
- Note the product key and keep it somewhere safe.
- Now, head over to the download tab.
- Hit the Download button to download the Norton product setup on your device.
How to install Norton Setup?
Here are the steps for installation of Norton from the setup file:
- Firstly, wait for the setup file download to get over.
- Now, after downloading the installation file, you need to double-click it.
- This will fire up the installation process.
- Wait for the User license Agreement prompt to appear.
- Read it completely.
- Press the Agree button.
- Move to the next prompt.
- Click on the Install button.
How to activate Norton Setup?
To activate your Norton product, follow these steps:
- Launch the web browser.
- Now you need to type Norton.com/setup and hit enter.
- After that, log in to the account if you do not have one.
- Use the username and password for logging into your account.
- After that, in the Set Up Norton screen, you need to enter the product key.
How to find your product key
The Norton subscription shall start when the 25-character alphanumeric product key present on the retail card or the product purchase email is entered.
How to Reinstall Norton?
If the Norton program starts behaving weirdly or fails to launch and run, then reinstallation may fix the issue. Or else, if you have formatted your device, then a reinstallation on Norton setup may be required. Follow the steps given below:
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Now, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Check whether Norton is uninstalled or not.
- After making sure that it is uninstalled, proceed to the next step.
- Insert the installation disk of Norton, or open the setup file.
- Now, wait for the installation wizard to launch.
- Follow the guidelines mentioned on the screen and complete the reinstallation.